[svlug] EMACS keybindings in KDE?

Marco Walther marco at sonic.net
Thu Apr 12 22:27:16 PDT 2007

On Thursday 12 April 2007 14:28, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> When a user first logs into KDE, it takes you through a wizard (which I
> unfortunately can't recall the name of) that lets you (among other
> things) choose the key emulation that KDE will use.  I don't recall if
> emacs emulation is one of the options, but if it is I'm guessing that's
> where you'd set it.
>
> Sorry for the faulty memory.  Perhaps someone else can chime in with the
> app name.

You can always change every keyboard shortcut in
* K-> Personal Settings  (On SuSE opens the kcontrol application, you can do
that by hand as well;-)

* Search for Keyboard Shortcuts in there. For me it's in
   Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts

* Change whatever you don't like ;-)

I hope this helps;-) I'm sitting in front of a SuSE box running KDE 3.5.2
right now. The layout might be a bit different in different versions.

Thanks,
-- Marco