[svlug] EMACS keybindings in KDE?

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Thu Apr 12 13:15:01 PDT 2007

I've recently been giving KDE a try. The one thing, however, that is
driving me crazy is that it uses "windows key bindings". I know that
gnome recently broke and started using them, but found a way to fix
it.

My fingers are used to emacs key bindings. Ctrl-A is supposed to go to
the beginning of the line, not select everything. My brain just can't
shift keybindings depending on whether I'm at the shell prompt,
editing a document, or trying to type a URL.

I've been trying to find out how to fix the broken keybindings in KDE,
but all I can seem to find is people complaining about the same thing,
or directions on how to change them in GTK. Does anyone here know how
to change them?

--
Software that holds your hand is one thing, software that holds your
hand and won't let go is really, really annoying.