[svlug] post-meeting fun

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 18:05:15 PDT 2007

Greetings, SVLUG!

Edward Cherlin arrived at our last SVLUG meeting all wide-eyed and
excited, with a working OLPC laptop in hand.  If you haven't seen this
thing, take a look - http://laptop.org/

After the meeting, I was lucky enough to be able to test out my own
FOSS application on the unit.  I'm really excited - it actually
worked!  Who would have thought history would be made in a Denny's.

The app that I tested which worked on this new platform  - just fine,
out of the box, without modifications - is a TiddlyWiki based
application called Pauls Consultants Notebook.

You can test it out on your own machine if you'd like - it's on
http://reiber.org - or if you like,
more specifically, it's this file:
http://reiber.org/PaulsConsultantsNotebook.html

It's kind of wonderful, actually, to see the combination of a totally
free / open source platform working flawlessly out-of-the-box with
TiddlyWiki.  This is a testament to the quality of FOSS software in
terms of meeting (and setting new!) standards.

I'll be putting the TW platform through more strenuous testing on the
OLPC platform this weekend and next.  I look forward to your feedback
about it & thank you all for your ongoing support!

Regards,
-Paul Reiber
President, SVLUG
http://svlug.org/~pbr