[svlug] Taking advantage of added RAM

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Wed Apr 4 11:47:29 PDT 2007

Hey all,

I just upgraded my workstation here from 512MB of
RAM to 2GB and am wondering if there is any config
   parameters I should adjust to take advantage of
it, or will the OS just know what to do.

The box is running Xubuntu, and what I do mostly
is use 5 workspaces, each with a different project
running Firefox, Kate for code editing, a shell,
Konqueror, and maybe gFTP, plus an email client
over in the last workspace.

Any suggested adjustments or just let her fly?
--
Skip Evans
Big Sky Penguin, LLC