[svlug] More on the Reiser case - fs

Greg Lindahl greg.lindahl at qlogic.com
Tue Oct 17 08:20:04 PDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 11:01:30AM -0400, stripes wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 09:41:31PM -0700, Jennifer Davis wrote:
> > > as always... i'm sure you're entitled to your differing opinion ..
> > I say talk to Novell directly rather than coming up with your random
> > conclusions and spouting them as truth.
>
> Yer being a bit touchy, dontcha think?

Given how Alvin is pretty much making things up, I think criticism is
a good idea. (Is this another interview tactic, make crap up and see
if the interviewee calls bullshit on you?)

> Btw, how popular is ReiserFS?

Pretty popular with SUSE users. Which is why it's very important that
they are abandoning it, that's almost all of the userbase going away
in one fell swoop. Apparently the guy at SUSE who is the sole
maintainer of reiser3 recommended punting it.

Just because someone's open-source and widely used doesn't mean it
is sustainable.

-- greg