[svlug] More on the Reiser case - fs

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Mon Oct 16 19:58:12 PDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 07:51:10PM -0700, David E. Fox wrote:
> Alvin Oga <alvin at mail.Linux-Consulting.com> wrote:
>

> > boy are they in for a surprize when they try to format
> > and use new 1TB disks
>
> What about ext4? I heard it's being tested, but don't believe it's
> available for use yet.

There is an ext4 development list, if anyone is interested. I can't
imagine that will be in production for quite a while. But it might
emerge quicker than one might suspect, because it is a fork of the
ext3 code base.

If you want to chat about it or see the wiki:

http://linuxfs.pbwiki.com

Server: irc.oftc.net
Channel: #linuxfs

Thanks,