[svlug] BALUG Meeting 10/17: Pat McGovern of Splunk

John Mark Walker johnmark at johnmark.org
Mon Oct 16 13:08:27 PDT 2006

My apologies if this has already been posted here, but I don't recall seeing it.

For tomorrow's October 17 BALUG meeting we have Pat McGovern III of
Splunk, a company that claims to take the SH out of IT.

(FWIW, I once briefly entertained the idea of creating a t-shirt that
read "we put the SH back into IT")

 TOPIC: Illuminating the issues in your Data Center.
 SPEAKER: Patrick McGovern
 BACKGROUND: Splunk, based in San Francisco, makes a web-based
AJAX-enhanced search engine that allows system administrators and
programmers to search all their incoming log files in real time (any
type of log files: Sendmail, Cisco, MySQL, syslog, etc.) with a
browser. It's a powerful tool to allow people to 'see' inside their
systems as they are running.
 ABOUT THE SPEAKER: Patrick is the Chief Community Splunker at Splunk,
Inc. Prior to joining Splunk, Patrick McGovern managed SourceForge.net
for five years for VA Software / OSTG.

I've seen this talk a couple of times, and it should be interesting
and fun for all.

-John Mark