[svlug] [fwd] FLOSS Usability III! [Oct. 27-29, Mountain View]

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Oct 12 09:02:33 PDT 2006

Quoting Greg Lindahl (greg.lindahl at qlogic.com):

> > One difference of course being that the coinage "open source" was
> > highly useful in getting our basic notions across to the uninitiated
>
> And other people think it's misleading.

"Other people" are warmly invited to have opinions:  Everyone should
find a few, no matter how they might fly in the face of recent
history.  They're fun, _and_ educational.  Collect the whole set!

> So you're repeating the same mistake you claim the other guys were
> doing.

Oh, _I'm_ going around making us look like a comically bizarre nutgroup
with a peculiar name that conjures up dental hygeine?  Please, _do_ tell.
Inquiring minds desire to know, etc.

> Pot, kettle, black. Learn to listen.

I'm listening.  Do you have anything to say, or is this just one of
those dumb tu-quoque-fallacy gambits beloved of passive-aggressives the
world over?