[svlug] [fwd] FLOSS Usability III! [Oct. 27-29, Mountain View]

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Oct 11 17:22:31 PDT 2006

Bill Kendrick quoted Eugene Eric Kim:

> FLOSS Usability Sprint III is here and happening -- for real!

Many people know what open source is.  Some (fewer than we'd like) know
what free software is.  Say "FLOSS" to the uninitiated, though, and
they'll think only of dental hygeine, unless you...

1.  First explain open source,
2.  Then explain free software,
3.  And finally explain an acronym that's impenetrable
    without grokking the other two things, first.

I do hope the event goes well.  I also hope they lose the name scheme,
which is a serious marketing mis-step.