[svlug] question about GNU screen

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue Oct 10 17:49:30 PDT 2006

begin Rick Moen quotation of Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 04:39:27PM -0700:

> Quoting Aniruddha Mulay (ani_mulay at yahoo.com):
>
> > Is there a way, I can continue with my Vim session that was
> > running under screen ?
>
> Get used to typing (or recalling from your command stack)
> "screen -r -d" as the first thing you do after login.

Ooo! Ooo!  I know this one!

Automatically reattaching to a screen session
http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2006/100306-screen-session.html

That's a nifty way to do it automatically -- and also
"steal" your screen session from where it was showing
up before in case you forgot to detach there.

(In the recent past, I didn't know this one, so I
hired Brian Tanaka, who is good at explaining this
kind of thing, to write that.  I now need to learn LVM.)

Main article:
http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2006/100306-gnu-screen.html

--
Don Marti