[svlug] Screenshot program - found ksnapshot

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Oct 9 00:36:14 PDT 2006

On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 07:13:58PM -0600, Skip Evans wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I went to packages.debian.org and found ksnapshot. Looks pretty good,
> but if anyone has any other recommendations I'd be glad to hear them.

Ksnapshot is one of many helpful little KDE tools I have available via
a Quick Launcher applet in my panel.  (It lets you drop in many small
icons into the launcher.)

A couple of others that I use a bunch are KRuler (useful if you're
a CSS newbie and trying to nudge an object around on a page ;) )
and KColorChooser, which lets you pick colors off of anywhere on the
screen.

Both of these things save me time.  No longer do I have to launch Gimp,
wait for it to load, take a full-screen screenshot, zoom back in to 100%,
and do my measurement or color picking or cropping.  These three apps (the
two I listed above, and KSnapshot) cover it, and all launch a LOT faster. ;)

--
-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/