[svlug] interview questions

Joe Buck Joe.Buck at synopsys.COM
Thu Oct 5 09:55:52 PDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 10:45:14PM -0700, Alvin Oga wrote:

> - if you had all the $$$ in the world, what would you be doing ?
>
> 	- wrong answer is doing anything else instead of the
> 	job you're seeking

Oh, come on.  For the vast majority of jobs (that is, unless we're talking
about a CEO or other leadership position, or a position that's somehow
about changing the world), if the person I was interviewing answered that
even if s/he had all the money in the world, s/he'd still want the job I
was offering (based on your other questions, be a sysadmin or the like),
or even something similar, I'd conclude that I had a tool and a liar on my
hands.  I suppose that a clever tool could say s/he would start a company
to do exactly the service you were hiring for, but I'd still smell "suck
up", and you can't trust people like that.