[svlug] looking for people working on sweat equity/startup ideas...

Walt Reed svlug at linuxguy.com
Tue Mar 28 13:40:50 PST 2006

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 01:27:32PM -0800, Alvin Oga said:
> On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 11:29:19AM -0800, Tin Le wrote:
> > With that said, I am looking at building a team, just waiting for go
> > signal...  Lots of web (XML, XSLT, CSS, HTML, graphics), multimedia,
> > database.  I'll need at least one good sysadmin, network person.
>
> easy to find "good sysadmin"... and "good network" etc,etc
>
> very hard to find "experts" that will work on startup ideas

Actually, I've found it quite difficult to find good sysadmins. When
I've had reqs out (including craigslist and other common places) for
Linux admins, I end up getting managers, windows experts, or experts in
latin and ancient greek. Add to that the pizza delivery driver with
experience at no less that 7 different pizza companies...