[svlug] gotten myself in trouble with permalinks,

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Mon Mar 27 11:13:15 PST 2006

Kellner, Peter writes:
> Thank you very much for all the time you have put into helping me.  I
> really don't need a general solution at all.  Just for cases where
> people have referenced specific articles and I still get referrals from
> them.

If you only really need a few specific articles, try redirects:

Redirect permanent /old/location http://hostname.com/xxx/newloc.jpg

It's a nice simple solution for static urls, often easier than
puzzling out mod_rewrite. I haven't used them with CGI urls like
your ?p24 example, but it's worth a try.

	...Akkana