[svlug] AT&T DSL - any snags?

Kellner, Peter Peter at PeterKellner.net
Thu Mar 23 19:46:12 PST 2006

If you want them to not block port 25 you have to call and ask.

-----Original Message-----
From: svlug-bounces+peter=peterkellner.net at lists.svlug.org
[mailto:svlug-bounces+peter=peterkellner.net at lists.svlug.org] On Behalf
Of Florin Andrei
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 5:43 PM
To: svlug at lists.svlug.org
Subject: [svlug] AT&T DSL - any snags?

Right now AT&T has a pretty good DSL promotion and I might just take
advantage of it. But being a Linux user I'm thinking of the usual snags:

Will it work out of the box with a fairly recent Linux distribution?
(with pppoe or something like that)
Or do they require some special software that only works on Windows/Mac?

Do they block incoming connections on ports 21, 22, 25, 80, 443? Any
other ports being blocked?

Do they do traffic shaping on BitTorrent? Latency mangling on VoIP?

Anyone using AT&T DSL that can answer these?

Thanks,

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/