[svlug] Urgent help needed -- Cpanel and cron jobs

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Mon Mar 20 19:25:08 PST 2006

Hey all,

We maintain a PHP 5 code base for a client that
has about 100 systems installed on a pair of Red
Hat servers.

They administer the systems through Web Host
Manager with each site having their own Cpanel
install.

The problem is with a few cron jobs configured
through Cpanel (php files). We have four of them
that are scheduled to fire off, but they don't
seem to be working.

I have them writing a text file with nothing more
than a time stamp to show when they ran, but they
are not showing up.

Since we are mostly a coding shop and not sys
admins, the client is willing to pay a consultant
to get some expertise on this issue.

You would be working through me since I know the
situation, for whatever that is worth, to get it
best described to you.

This is an urgent need! We must solve this problem.

Thanks tons!
--
Skip Evans
Big Sky Penguin, LLC