[svlug] Best FTP Server

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Mar 9 14:33:22 PST 2006

Quoting Dan Martinez (dfm at razorwind.org):

> It depends a bit on your distro. I believe it's more or less a stock
> feature on Debian, requiring only the uncommenting of a line in one of
> the skeleton /etc files.

Actually, I believe you just source /etc/bash_completion from your
username's login rc files (or, obviously, from the command prompt).  The
attitude seems to be that individual users will enable those extensions
if/when they want them.

To extend the system-wide bash_completion recipes for an entire site,
put new scripts for that purpose in /etc/bash_completion.d/ .  Users
can have per-user extensions, too.

Articles: