[svlug] Q&A for poll at SVLUG March 1 meeting

Thomas G. Digby bubbles at well.com
Wed Mar 1 14:43:30 PST 2006

From: "J. Paul Reed" <preed at svlug.org>

{ { {
For me, as SVLUG's President, this whole issue, this whole vote, all of
this time and energy was spent so that we can have a useful conversation
about the concrete benefits SVLUG has received in the last four years from
SBAY and what the costs to SVLUG are.
} } }

I've lost track of who did what, with which, and to whom.  But I get the
impression that there seems be be little concrete reason for staying.

However, I just thought of one reason for splitting off:  SVLUG by itself
would have fewer officer positions to get into future squabbles over than
any combined organization is likely to have.

--
                       -- Tom Digby
                       bubbles at well.com
                       http://www.well.com/~bubbles/