[svlug] web 2, ajax, gwt dev tools for Linux

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Thu Jun 29 10:30:39 PDT 2006

begin Rick Moen quotation of Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 09:40:52AM -0700:

>     Rails Live CD. Rails Live CD is a live CD distribution based on
>     PCLinuxOS and featuring the Ruby on Rails development environment.
>
>     http://railslivecd.org/
>
> May or may not be your cuppa, but it might be fun to try out.

What seems to me like the coolest, most productive
thing about Ruby on Rails is the facility to do AJAX
in pure Ruby without writing the JavaScript yourself.
Let somebody else worry about whether a certain
JavaScript construct works on a browser and OS you
don't have.

Here's an interesting article with sample code:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/06/09/rails_ajax.html

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/