[svlug] web 2, ajax, gwt dev tools for Linux

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Thu Jun 29 01:52:05 PDT 2006

I'm personally aware of:
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Essays/winolj.html
and I agree for the most part.

Nevertheless I'd like to get a taste of how to build web rich clients using Linux development tools.
The focus is on RAD or rather rapid interface development.
At the beginning I'd like to obtain faster response from the application using JavaScript to cache some data coming from a DB and have a couple of widget more (mainly trees) but missing a crystal ball I'd prefer to trade a more steepy learning curve for a more flexible tool.

Of course I'd like to avoid to get trapped in any non Free development technology.