[svlug] laptop battery flashing orange indicator

Daniel k6dlc at arrl.net
Wed Jun 14 21:42:24 PDT 2006

 I have two IBM thinkpads that are showing the same symptom flashing
orange charging light.
I have swapped batteries with the same indication on both laptops.  I
have let them charged for four hours plus with no success. I am able to
run the laptop from the batteries for couple of hours, I do a normal
shutdown.
 Does anyone know on how to stop the flashing light and getting a status
on how much percentage of power? What maybe causing this? I have checked
the Internet and most of the hits I had seen were to sell me a battery.

Thank you,

Daniel

PGP: AD5A 96DC 7556 A020 B8E7 0E4D 5D5E 9BA5 C83E 8C92