[svlug] Quote in your signature

Mark S Bilk mark at cosmicpenguin.com
Tue Jun 13 03:43:53 PDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 03:29:46PM -0700, Dan Martinez wrote:
This would be Centauri the character, not Centauri
>the species. Specifically, Robert ("We got trouble, right here in
>Rylos City") Preston in "The Last Starfighter".

A consciousness-inspiring film!  More quotes:

Alex Rogan: Otis, I just never have a chance to have a good
  time around here.

Otis: Things change. Always do. You'll get your chance!
  Important thing is, when it comes, you've got to grab
  with both hands, and hold on tight!

Alex Rogan: Listen, Centauri. I'm not any of those guys,
  I'm a kid from a trailer park.

Centauri: If that's what you think, then that's
  all you'll ever be!

Alex: Centauri! I thought you were dead?!

Centauri: Me? Die and miss all the excitement? Ha ha ha!, no.
I was merely dormant while my body repaired itself.
Now, I won't bore you with details.
Suffice it to say, you're on Rylos, my boy!
Stop thinking human, that's lesson number one.
Now lesson number two: you got a good thing going here;
  keep smiling, don't blow it!
Lesson number three: always trust Centauri...

  -- The Last Starfighter