[svlug] Q&A for poll at SVLUG March 1 meeting

Micah Dowty micahjd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 22:00:12 PST 2006

I'd really prefer to stay out of this particular flamefest, but there
are two points regarding the arguments Ian has just presented that I
just have to present:

1. Ian spends almost the entire page demonizing Paul, an activity
which is completely irrelevant to the argument at hand. This decision
isn't Paul vs Ian, it's SVLUG vs SBAY. Turning the argument into a
personal one just serves to make both sides look very immature.

2. I'm very sorry for Ian's losses during 2003 and 2004, but this is
also irrelevant to the argument at hand. To me it has the taste of a
thinly veiled plea for sympathy, which actually serves to make SBAY's
leadership look fragile. If SVLUG as a SIG is blocking on some SBAY
paperwork and Ian's having a bad week, what do we do?

--Micah

On 2/28/06, Ian Kluft <ikluft at thunder.sbay.org> wrote:
> I've posted a page with my own answers to some of the questions which have
> come up about the poll which will be held at tomorrow's SVLUG meeting.
>    http://ian.kluft.com/opinions/svlug-200603/

Only you can prevent creeping featurism!