[svlug] recommended scanner(/printer)(/fax) combo?

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue Feb 28 17:13:38 PST 2006

begin Florin Andrei quotation of Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 04:06:51PM -0800:

> I've found a few HP combos recently that were on sale at Office Depot
> for about $150 but they were awefully old and looked like discontinued
> models. I don't want anything like that, I want to be able to purchase
> cartridges for a few years down the road.

Don't worry -- they'll sell you cartridges for as
long as you're willing to buy.  (Typical inkjet ink:
$4.58/ml; Chanel No. 5: $3.00/ml)

Devices that have been on the market for at least
one major release of your software and distribution
of choice are usually your best bet.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/