[svlug] ISSUE: SVLUG's continued status with SBAY

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Feb 25 11:23:59 PST 2006

Quoting J. Paul Reed (preed at svlug.org):

> SVLUG didn't make the charter a priority because SBAY wasn't an
> incorporated entity until a couple of months ago.
>
> (Actually, I'd like to give you the exact date the paperwork was filed;
> I've asked the Board for that information a couple of times and been
> ignored.)

One _should_ be able to find a California corporation's records
(including date of initial filing) pretty easily via the CA Secretary of
State's Web site.  There's a search engine for corporate names, here:
http://kepler.ss.ca.gov/list.html   Contents are said to be currently
complete through Feb. 17, 2006.

I searched for all such corporations including the string "South Bay"
or "Southbay" (as well as "SBAY"), and haven't been able to find it, so
far.

Here's the search match for BayLISA, by comparison (finding which takes
a few tries -- searching "BAY LISA" hits it):
http://kepler.ss.ca.gov/corpdata/ShowAllList?QueryCorpNumber=C1684426&printer=yes

`