[svlug] ISSUE: SVLUG's continued status with SBAY

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Feb 24 09:41:47 PST 2006

Quoting Al Eridani (al.eridani at gmail.com):

> Rick Moen seems capable enough to answer, but as you don't seem to be
> able to understand what he is saying, let me try and see whether I succeed
> better.
>
> He says that there are two ways forward, not one, stemming from the original
> e-mail note from Paul Reed.
>
> The two ways are (a) staying under the SBAY umbrella and (b) breaking
> away from it.
>
> There may be many reasons for each of these two options and there may be many
> approaches to follow each, but the fundamental decision is whether to stay or to
> go.
>
> Not three, not one: two.

Thank you for cutting to the chase.  "But, but, we could have a charter!
It'd be _really cool_, trust us!" is simply not the matter being discussed
and voted.  Pardon the cynicism, but that hastily introduced side-topic
looks to me a whole lot like an attempt to distract people's attention.

It's called "assuming the sale":  The furniture salesman doesn't say
"OK, so do you _want_ to buy this super-king-deluxe model?" but rather
"Would you prefer Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning for delivery?"