[svlug] ISSUE: SVLUG's continued status with SBAY

Al Eridani al.eridani at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 09:08:49 PST 2006

On 2/24/06, Robert Hajime Lanning <lanning at lanning.cc> wrote:

> <quote who="Rick Moen">
> > We're having a vote to decide whether to go independent or not.
>
> And the starting of that paragraph was:
> http://lists.svlug.org/archives/svlug/2006-February/052367.html
> "You see only choice 3 and the others do not exist at all."
>
> And my point was that, every time someone brought up that their
> opinion was xxx (xxx being oposing to yours) you would just come
> up and say, in effect "You opinion is wrong and does not matter."
>
> I came out and said objectively that there are three ways forward.
> You came out subjectively that there really is only one way forward.

Rick Moen seems capable enough to answer, but as you don't seem to be
able to understand what he is saying, let me try and see whether I succeed
better.

He says that there are two ways forward, not one, stemming from the original
e-mail note from Paul Reed.

The two ways are (a) staying under the SBAY umbrella and (b) breaking
away from it.

There may be many reasons for each of these two options and there may be many
approaches to follow each, but the fundamental decision is whether to stay or to
go.

Not three, not one: two.