[svlug] ISSUE: SVLUG's continued status with SBAY

Bill Ward bill at wards.net
Wed Feb 15 11:54:12 PST 2006

On 2/15/06, Chris Verges (chverges) <chverges at cisco.com> wrote:
> I agree with you that it is high time we defined a lot of this.  If I
> recall, Bill Ward was going to write SVLUG's charter and work on it.
> How far did this get?  Maybe we need to have a volunteer subcommittee
> take on this challenge and work towards getting this done.  I think it
> is probably a huge undertaking for one person, and democratic values
> might best be reflected in a group working on it together.

Yes, in my capacity as an SBAY board member I was going to do this.
However with the status of the SBAY-SVLUG relationship in limbo I felt
it would be best to wait until the current crisis was resolved before
proceeding.

Of course, if SVLUG leaves SBAY, then it wouldn't make sense for an
SBAY board member to be helping with the charter.

(Also in that case, as I would have no further interest in SBAY (since
SVWUX and Stratofox are not organizations that I am involved in), I
would most likely resign from the SBAY board.)

--Bill.

--
Help bring back the San Jose Earthquakes - http://www.soccersiliconvalley.com/