[svlug] Off topic: Unix consulted needed for quick work

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Fri Apr 28 14:28:51 PDT 2006

Hey all,

I know this is off-topic, but I have a situation
that is over my head, and need a quick consulting
job done for a client.

I hope the offer of a bit of cash to a list member
will earn me reprieve from lashes for posting
off-topic.

One of my clients server is getting hit with
something causing sendmail to spit emails out to a
list of three emails that are stored in a MySQL DB
for a LAMP app that I've written them.

It is currently sending 10 or 20 of these each
day, but in the past was sending out maybe a hundred.

I have no idea where this is coming from and need
some help. The client has given me the go ahead to
contract a consultant.

It's off-topic because this is a FreeBSD 6.0
install, not Linux... my apologies.

If anyone thinks they might be able to fix this
with more information please email me off list and
let's talk in more detail.

Thanks!
--
Skip Evans