[svlug] Aliased emails ala craigslist?

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Fri Apr 28 14:23:52 PDT 2006

Hey Walt & all,

This is a hosted server so I can't control what
MTA they use. It's got sendmail on it.

But, with Seth's help and some reading up, I think
I have the solution. First, an entry in
/etc/mail/virtusertable like:

@46characters.com	posts

Will send anything not already going to a valid
account to the user posts.

Then with a .forward file something like this:

|/usr/local/bin/php -f mail_handler.php

The message will be sent to the mail_handler.php
script for processing via STDIN.

That's the first line of attack anyway. Wish me
luck. I'm braving personally uncharted waters.

Skip

--
Skip Evans
Big Sky Penguin, LLC