[svlug] Aliased emails ala craigslist?

Walt Reed svlug at linuxguy.com
Fri Apr 28 14:10:16 PDT 2006

This is TRIVIAL to do in Exim (my personal favorite MTA...)

Note that you want a current version of exim (4.X) and not the old Exim
3.x line. Debian Sarge and newer have exim4. So does Centos 4. Building
from source on any distro or unix flavor is pretty simple.

You can use a db (pretty much any type works with exim including flat
text files, mysql, postgres, CDB, GDBM, etc.) to store the mappings.

It's a fairly (very) simple "redirect router".