[svlug] Installing Debian

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Tue Apr 25 22:46:31 PDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 10:31:42PM -0700, Karen Shaeffer wrote:

> But, after completion of the install and a reboot, the
> system puked during initialization, falling back into
> a root shell... Hmmm. (smiles ;) Well, at least it
> was slick enough not to just hang. I don't really need
> this server online in a hurry, so it isn't an issue.

Correction. As it turns out, I just had to exit the shell,
and the system successfully completed the boot. Wow, now I
really am impressed. (smiles ;) Don't really understand why
it fell into the shell, maybe the logs will have some info.

I do like the network install process. I am going to put
debian on a number of my systems.

Thanks,
Karen
--