[svlug] DVD RAM?

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Tue Apr 25 16:41:08 PDT 2006

Geez, I was thinking I was going to report back
that all went great with the DVD RAM backup, but
get this.

In the middle of running it on k3b I heard a pop
from behind me where the machine was running,
turned around and the video just said "No signal"
as if the machine was off, but the power light was
still on.

No amount of hitting enter or moving the mouse
would bring the video back, so I turned the
machine off, and it won't turn back on.

Spiffing, eh?

So maybe a power supply went out in the middle of
the process?

This is a brand new machine we assembled here, and
I know when we chose the box the power supply had
a pretty hefty amount of wattage so I don't think
that was the problem.

Oh, well, dinner break and then I guess I'll come
back and take it apart...
...*sigh*

Skip

--