[svlug] Call to Awareness.

James Sparenberg james at linuxrebel.org
Fri Apr 21 22:54:43 PDT 2006

All,

  Though I realize political seems to not be the major thrust of many
here there does come a time when it's something that has a very
direct affect on each and every one of us.  This is in the form of
House Bill called the COPE act which is aimed at removing network
neutrality (meaning no favoritism or blocking of competitors.)  and
moving toward a tiered Internet where only approved traffic
(read "paid enough under the table traffic) can be accessed by you.
Period.

  So far out of the two reps in CA 1 voted to maintain neutrality and
the other sided with AT&T.  Check out http://www.savetheinternet.com/
make your own decision and take the actions you feel are correct.
This can and does IMHO, directly affect most of our jobs.  Most of
our families.  Read what Dr. Larry Lessig and others have to say.
IANAL but they are.

Respectfully,
James Sparenberg