[svlug] Tux Paint speaker help needed tonight!

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Apr 18 16:29:33 PDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 12:29:37PM -0700, Paul Reiber wrote:
> > I believe Debian Testing users can:  apt-get install tuxpaint tuxpaint-stamps
>
> Bill... what's the user experience like without tuxpaint-stamps?

In earlier versions, there were simply no stamps, and therefore the
"Stamp" tool was unavailable.  (Users could, of course, add their own
PNG files to the stamps folder -- user's or global -- and it would work.)

These days, I include the little example Tux penguin ones with the
default app.

In the future, the stamps collection will be huge and all-encompassing, and
released as separate downloads. :^)  Some day...

> I ask because the uninitiated might simply apt-get install tuxpaint
> and expect to be done...

I forget if it recommends or requires, or what...  the fellow who maintains
the Debian package is actually part of the project, too. ;)

> ...Wishing I had a notebook computer...

Yeah, I'm beginning to, too!  (Of course, my wife's main system is her
IBM T20 laptop, which is slowly falling apart. :^/  So her first!)

--
-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/