[svlug] [svlug-announce] SVLUG Hacking Society tomorrow (April 18)

Micah Dowty micahjd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 13:57:38 PDT 2006

It's that time of the month again- the SVLUG Hacking Society meets
every third tuesday of the month, from 7:00 to 10 PM.

Get all the details from svlug.org:
  http://www.svlug.org/events/hacksoc.shtml

We'll be at the standard meeting location, Round Table Pizza on North
First Street. However, many of us are shopping around for a new
location. If you're interested in the Hacking Society, I'd love to
hear your comments either on the mailing list or in person.

The absolute requirements:

1. Free wireless internet
2. AC power of some sort
3. Enough room. Recently this tends to be a crowd of a half dozen or so.

The wishlist:

1. Peace and quiet, or some agreeable music. Screaming kids/drunks
aren't appreciated.
2. Coffee, pizza, or other hacker-friendly munchies
3. Comfortable environment
4. High-quality free wireless internet

A coffee shop would be great, but all the alternatives we've examined
either (a) close too early, (b) don't have power, or (c) are short on
space. It's true that the wishlist could probably be satisfied by
holding the hacking society meetings at someone's personal house or
apartment, but I would prefer a more public and casual environment.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your feedback. If you haven't been to a
hacking society meeting, I encourage you to give it a try.

--Micah