[svlug] No Networking In Gentoo

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Sun Apr 9 23:32:45 PDT 2006

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 04:58:43 +0900
"M Nakamura" <masayang.mobile at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't tried the graphical installer...

OK... is there a non gui installer that works similarly to Debian sid?
Last time I tried Gentoo and it was a long time ago, you had to type stuff that are so common in an installation but that if you're not a sysadmin you'll have to type once or twice in a *year*.

I tend to be a bit paranoid about how long will it take to be up and running in the shortest time possible starting with the bare minimum: PC + network connection + netinstall CD.
With Debian I don't have to read any "how-to" on the net to have a working system.
With Gentoo I always had to have another PC on to follow the recipe.

Any news? Now most of the boxes have 2.4GHz P4+ CPU and over 500Mb RAM. I won't have to wait 4 days to have KDE running ;)