[svlug] configuring X to accept external connections

Fabrizio Bertocci fabriziobertocci at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 09:23:01 PDT 2006

Edit the file:
    /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf
and make sure the option 'DisallowTCP' is set to false:
    DisallowTCP=false

I don't have FC5, but this was true in (all) the previous versions of FC
(I'm running FC3).
That flag basically tells gdm to start the X server with the -nolisten
option (see man X for more info).
FYI, the same thing happen also on the Mac OS: the X.app invokes X with the
-nolisten.

Fabrizio