[svlug] configuring X to accept external connections

Michael Long 2e764 at mikesoffice.org
Fri Apr 7 09:11:03 PDT 2006

It's not a typical services in that sense like having port 22 or 25
open. The ports won't actually be open until  you start the x display
back session (I think). If you trust your network, set xhost + on
both machines and make sure your $DISPLAY variable on the far machine
has your IP address. It should be that simple.

Mike