[svlug] configuring X to accept external connections

chris case chrisc at brc2.com
Thu Apr 6 19:25:14 PDT 2006

Michael,

Thanks for the help.  I noticed, however, that no port was open for the
X server.  Unless I am mistaken about the ports listed:

22/tcp  open  ssh
25/tcp  open  smtp
111/tcp open  rpcbind
631/tcp open  ipp

When I ran the oemapp console i got the following error:

Exiting
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.BufferedApplet.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
oracle.sysman.emSDK.client.appContainer.WebApplication.<init>(WebApplication.java:751)
        at oracle.sysman.vt.console.app.Console.<init>(Console.java:149)
        at
oracle.sysman.emSDK.client.appContainer.WebApplication.main(WebApplication.java:3315)
        at
oracle.sysman.vtx.vtxOemApp.OemJavaLauncher.executeClass(OemJavaLauncher.java:223)
        at
oracle.sysman.vtx.vtxOemApp.OemJavaLauncher.launch(OemJavaLauncher.java:168)
        at oracle.sysman.vtx.vtxOemApp.OemApp.launch(OemApp.java:222)
        at oracle.sysman.vtx.vtxOemApp.OemApp.main(OemApp.java:80)

I'll do some more tinkering around with it and see what can be done.

~chris