[svlug] blade servers, clustering, high availability Linux

Tin Le tin at le.org
Thu Apr 6 11:22:23 PDT 2006

Hi folks,

I need to setup high availability, redudant web and database servers.
And I was looking at HP ProLiant blade servers and IBM's Blade Center.

http://h30099.www3.hp.com/configurator/catalog-isswce.asp
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/bladecenter/

I was wondering if anyone has experience with blade servers and Linux.
Good, bad, recommendations are all appreciated.  I need to put the
systems together soon, ready to buy, just want to make sure I buy the
right one.  Suggestions as to other vendors to look at is also
appreciated.

Thanks.

Tin Le
--