[svlug] Developing Kickstart scripts when they are used inproduction

Mark msalists at gmx.net
Tue Apr 4 14:17:19 PDT 2006

I wrote a perl script that generates the kickstart files based on some default templates.
The template parses a bunch of parameters from a config file (each box has its own config file) and plugs them in.
Then I just specify the perl script with the config file name as parameter when I kick off the install, e.g.
http://host/cgi-bin/kickstart_generator.cgi?config=box_abc

Of course, instead of pearl, you can use whatever other scripting language you want...

MARK