[svlug] booting gnome

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Mon Apr 3 14:48:19 PDT 2006

Ron Hinchley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Java app that does not work in Gnome FC4, I have updated Java
> with no success. I would like to try it in KDE, I have installed both
> but the default is Gnome. Does anyone know how to change the boot?

   why do you think gnome or kde would make any difference for java? Not
saying it couldn't make any difference but it's unlikely. IIRC you can
pick different desktops/WMs in GDM or KDM login window (when you start X).

   you might have better success asking about the specific problem you
have with java app.

	erik