[svlug] Python text recommendations

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 30 13:58:47 PST 2005

on Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 01:43:17PM -0800, Ian MacLure (ibm1130 at sbcglobal.net) wrote:
> I have occasion to write some Python scripts from time to time and I'm
> looking for a good comprehensive text on the language.

> Do the Pythonistas out there have anything to recommend?

The online documentation (readily installable with Debian, can't speak
for other distros) is both good and comprehensive.  The O'Reilly book
pretty much sucks.  The New Riders "Essential Reference" is decent.

> I was able to get what I needed for now out of the goodies python.org
> and ActiveState provide in their downloads but I want a good tactile
> reference to flip through.

DocBook to LPR?

Peace.

    Paranoia is a social disease--you get it from screwing other people.