[svlug] apache2 port-based virtual hosting

James Sparenberg james at linuxrebel.us
Sun Mar 27 18:58:38 PST 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-27 at 09:29, Jordan Johnson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get Apache 2 to run two separate virtual hosts, based on
> the port.  I'm basing my attempt on this document:
>
> 	http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/examples.html#port
>
> I've added the directives listed above, done an 'apachectl restart',
> and still no luck getting it to serve through the high-numbered port.
> I've also checked that this is not a firewall problem--my iptables
> rules do allow connections through both ports.
>
> Any suggestions for things I might not have checked?

You might try this one

# rpm -qlp name-Version.rpm    (whatever you rpm is)

  This will tell you what files and paths the rpm contains and should
give you an idea what it is that is happening.  (If it says the files in
question are there and you get this error ... file bug report.  If they
aren't there.... find another rpm this isn't the right one.)  Another
one would be

# rpm -qip name-Version.rpm

This gives you all of the meta data on the rpm.

in short.  q=query i=information l=list files  p=Do this on an
uninstalled rpm.

James