[svlug] New installfest venue, starting April

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Mar 18 13:50:01 PST 2005

Good news:  As of yesterday, with _major_ thanks to invaluable
assistance from Mark Nielsen of Google, the installfest has a new
long-term home starting _April_, at one of Googles buildings in the
Shoreline area of Mountain View.

(Please note that this does NOT affect TOMORROW's installfest, which
will go on as scheduled at my house in Menlo Park.  Sorry about the
rain:  Fortunately, we still have more than enough room, and _will_
still do barbecue.  Map, directions, etc., are linked from SVLUG's
installfest page, http://www.svlug.org/installfest/ .)

I've created a directions page for the new site, here:
http://www.svlug.org/directions/google.shtml

If you know where the Century 16 Cinema on the Bay side of Shoreline
Blvd. off US101 is, it's just behind there, between that and Shoreline
Amphitheater.

Mark has reserved the room on 3rd Saturdays for the next three years, so
we can relax about installfestss.

REMINDER:  We still need a _general_ meeting location, to replace Cisco.