[svlug] GMane, Leafnode -- newsgroups instead of mailing lists

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 17 07:39:34 PST 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:29:35 -0800, claw-WK5pfKwHs6w wrote:

> beartooth <beartooth at adelphia.net> wrote:
>> On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:37:01 -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:
>
>> I follow three Opera lists, half a dozen on GRC, about three dozen
>> on gmane, and thirty or so on Giganews.
>
> GRC?

Gibson Research Corp, property of Steve Gibson, author of
SpinRite, ShieldsUP, and various other things, supports about a dozen
groups at news.grc.com; two that I particularly like are the techtalk and
the techtalk.linux ones. Steve is big on privacy and security.

--
Beartooth Implacable, Linux Evangelist & Gadfly
neo-redneck, curmudgeonly codger with FC1&2, YDL4