[svlug] GMane, Leafnode -- newsgroups instead of mailing lists

claw@kanga.nu claw at kanga.nu
Tue Mar 15 23:17:15 PST 2005

Joseph Brenner <doom at kzsu.stanford.edu> wrote:
> J C Lawrence <claw at kanga.nu> wrote:
>> Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Interesting: lately using gnus, I've gotten into the habit of hitting
> "reply" to anything I think I might want to reply to later; then I just
> let the reply buffer sit there, and switch back to *Summary* and keep
> reading.  The reply buffers will hang around until I exit from gnus, so
> I can go through them later and finish writing them (or just kill them).

That's exactly what I tend to do with email under MH/exmh.  At this
moment I have something like a dozen partially written messages sitting
"out there".

> I just went looking around for some sort of tin-emulation package for
> gnus and didn't turn anything up... no doubt that's occured to you also.

In truth I've yet to get to gnus.  I've been spending a bit of time with
XPN and wondering it it is worth the effort of fixing the grody bits.

--
J C Lawrence