[svlug] [svlug-announce] Installfest in Menlo Park this Saturday (March 19)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Mar 15 11:46:23 PST 2005

Good news and bad news.

BAD NEWS:  The installfest still needs a home.  Accent Technologies
has gone out of business, as we found out only very recently.  If you
know of a good long-term prospect, please e-mail officers at svlug.org.

GOOD NEWS:  This Saturday's installfest will occur, nonetheless, hosted
by CABAL in west Menlo Park.  Important:  Please get word out NOT to go
to our longtime north San Jose venue.

Per tradition, the installfest is the _3rd Saturday_ (this week):

      March 2005
 Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
        1  2  3  4  5
  6  7  8  9 10 11 12
 13 14 15 16 17 18 19   <=  THIS SATURDAY!
 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
 27 28 29 30 31

   LOCATION:  2033 Sharon Road near Alameda de las Pulgas
              (Rick and Deirdre's house)
              Menlo Park[1]
              650-561-9820
              Map and directions:  http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/

CABAL holds twice-monthly meetings -- normally 2nd and 4th Saturdays --
of a very installfest-like nature, except with barbecue.  (Bring food if
you like; you're welcome with or without.)

What else to bring?  One or two more folding tables would be nice.  We
have lots of space, but only two tables.  We have plenty of power
strips, network drops, reasonably fast Internet access, and a wireless LAN.

   HOURS:  11 am - midnight

You read that right.  CABAL normally starts later, but wants to be
hospitable to people accustomed to Accent Technologies's 11-4 regimen.
Rick and Deirdre won't kick you out at 4 pm, but start yawning
meaningfully and serving strong coffee just before midnight.

   PARKING:  On the street.  You can unload in the driveway, but then
   please move back out.

   PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION:   Deficient in the suburbs on Saturdays:
   However, you can take a CalTrans train or one of SamTrans's El
   Camino Real corridor bus routes to downtown Menlo Park (2 miles away),
   and call us (650-561-9820) for car pickup.

   HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION:   The nearby connector between Alpine Road and
   Sand Hill Road is being rebuilt; there is a detour.  Above-referenced
   directions avoid this obstacle.

The installfest still needs a home:  Unfortunately, CABAL's location
isn't a good long-term solution.

[1] That's the sleepy little burg north of Stanford University.  If you
know where the Dutch Goose or SLAC is, we're close nearby.  Nearest
freeway by far is I-280.