[svlug] Linux Job

William R Ward bill at wards.net
Tue Mar 15 01:22:04 PST 2005

Rick Moen writes:
>Quoting Matt Walsh (mr_walsh at yahoo.com):
>
>> I have cross-posted to the other list, and will always do that [...]
>
>"Always".  Hmm.
>
>Really, jobs should go to the jobs list.  That's what it's for.
>Cross-posting is a bad idea generally, and particularly so in that case,
>in my view.

A cursory examination of the posts in both lists suggests that he was
simply misusing the term "cross-posted."  To be truly cross-posted,
the message would have both the svlug and jobs lists on the TO: or CC:
lines.  But instead, a separate message appears to have been sent to
each list.

However, in future, job listings should not be sent to this list at
all.  Perhaps the language on the home page should not restrict it to
"recruiters, HR, or hiring managers" but instead should just ban all
job listings?

--
William R Ward               bill at wards.net             http://bill.wards.net